Safety & COVID-19 Protocols
Facility cleaning protocols have been enhanced in line with state, city, and CDC guildelines.
For the convenience of our members, self-service cleaning stations have been set up conveniently throughout the club. They include hospital-grade disinfectant spray, alcohol wipes and hand sanitizer.
Additional maintenance staff have been added to continuously schedule deep cleaning, using hospital-grade disinfectants and electrostatic machines to clean all equipment, lockers, and surfaces throughout the club.
Machines have been relocated, taking advantage of LFH's three floors of 20ft² of space to ensure proper social distancing.
Central HVAC systems have been updated to include MERV 13 air filters which are designed to kill 99% of microparticles of bacteria that may be in the air.
Your Health and Safety Are Our Top Priority
NYC FITNESS CLUBS COVID-19 GUIDELINES
Before check-in – Staff will conduct temperature check, health questionaire, and provide hand sanitizer before you are allowed on the gym floor. Anyone over 100 degress will be denied access.
MUST WEAR MASK – Acceptable face coverings: cloth-based face coverings and disposable masks appropriate for exercise that cover both the mouth & nose.
**NOT ACCEPTABLE: BANDANAS, BUFFS, AND GAITERS**
33% CAPACITY – We are a large space. No appointments needed for using the health club.
As per NYC Governor and NYC Mayor's – ** NO CLASSES, KIDS CARE, TOWEL SERVICE, WATER FOUNTAIN & SHOWERS/STEAM ROOM ** YOU ARE WELCOME TO BRING YOUR OWN TOWEL AND WATER BOTTLE. WATER ALSO AVAILABLE FOR SALE.
Machines are 6 FEET APART seat to seat. In some instances you will see floor tape, placing some machines in a box: ONLY 1 member allowed in each box to ensure 6 feet social distance.
Wipe equipment before and after usage with the 99% disinfectant spray provided throughout the club.
Personal training – Available and as always conducted by appointment only.
So happy to be finally able to welcome you all back! Health is wealth and Life Health and Fitness is here to help you continue on that journey for the best YOU.
- knowingly been in close contact in the past 14 days with anyone who has tested positive for COVID-19 or who has or had symptoms of COVID-19?
- tested positive for COVID-19 through a diagnostic test in the past 14 days?
- experienced any symptoms of COVID-19 in the past 14 days?
- traveled within a state with significant community spread of COVID-19 for longer than 24 hours within the past 14 days?
Temperature check: Pass / Fail
Name – Signature – Date
Acceptable face coverings for COVID-19 include, but are not limited to, cloth-based face coverings and disposable masks appropriate for exercise that cover both the mouth and the nose. Bandanas, buffs and gaiters are not acceptable face coverings for use in gyms and fitness centers.
Hand Washing 101
- Wet your hands before applying soap
- Bring your palms together and rub soap all over the palms and back of your hands, including between the fingers.
- Wash your hands for at least 20 seconds.
- Wipe your hands with a clean paper towel.
- Stay home if you're feeling sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Stay at least 6 feet away from others.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Quarantine if you've recently been in a state with significant community transmission of COVID-19, pursuant to the DOH travel advisory.
- Report symptoms of or exposure to COVID-19 in mandatory daily health screening.
- Properly store, clean, and, when necessary, discard PPE.
- Cover your nose & mouth with a face covering at all times, except while eating, drinking, or in an aquatic setting (e.g., pool, individual shower).